CONDITIONS AND REGULATIONS
1. Entries are invited from Amateur members of recognised Golf Clubs
with a Competition Handicap of 2 or less.
2. Closing date for entries is Sunday 2nd August
3. The Organising Committee will make the draw and the order and times of starting will be posted to each competitor. All unsuccessful entrants will be advised. In the event of a competitor having to scratch after the draw has been made, no entry fee will be returned.
4. Competitors should check-in at the Pro Shop half an hour before their start time.
5. In the event of withdrawal during either round or between rounds, no entry fee will be returned. Where a player withdraws before the second round without good reason, he will be afforded lower priority in the entry for a subsequent year’s competition.
6. A player’s scorecard is deemed officially returned to the Organising Committee when they have left the recording area. Players must promptly return their scorecards to the recording area.
7. In the event of a tie (or ties), the result shall be decided following the rules of the Lancashire Union of Golf Clubs.
8. The Organising Committee reserved the right to refuse an entry without assigning a reason for their action. All disputes shall be referred to the Organising Committee whose decisions shall be final.
9. A competitor may be awarded more than one prize if they win one of the six positional prizes and score the lowest round in either of the two rounds. However, players who are competing in the overall North West English Links Championship may only win a combined prize value of £500, in line with Rule 3-2 Prize Limits, R&A Rules of Amateur Status.
10. Distance measuring devices may be used to the extent permitted under rule 14.3 and caddies are allowed.
11. If in the opinion of the Organising Committee, it becomes impossible to complete the rounds because of adverse weather or other circumstances, the Organising Committee may vary the conditions to the extent necessary to achieve a result within the time available.
12. The Club cannot be held responsible for the loss of or damage to equipment or personal possessions.
13. The competition will be run following the R&A Ready Golf and Pace of Play Conditions. The Organising Committee may inflict penalties for slow play.
14. Competitors and guests are expected to adhere to the Club’s dress code both on the course and in the clubhouse. This code is available on request.